MRI of the brain is one of the modern non-contact methods of brain research, which uses a magnetic field and radio waves that transmit a signal to a computer and allow you to assess the state of the brain. It is important that MRI of brain can be used to assess the health and condition of both soft tissues as well as blood vessels.
When is an MRI scan done?
An MRI of the brain can be used to confirm or detect a variety of diseases. During an MRI examination, the doctor can see a detailed image of your brain and assess its condition.
In some cases, MRI diagnosis is needed to confirm the diagnosis or to refute it.
MRI should be performed if:
– disturbed by constant or acute headaches;
– There is a constant or periodic noise in the ears
– There is weakness and numbness at the extremities.
– there is a deterioration of memory;
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– There was a craniocerebral injury.
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI (MRI) of the brain
Contrast is used to better see the brain. It is introduced into the body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to Use
MRI of the brain can be the most safest, but it is not recommended for everyone.
It is also worth giving up MRI when:
– the presence of cochlear implants;
– Decompensated Heart Failure
– the presence of tattoos created on a metal basis;
– installed crowns or braces.
How is the MRI examination
The examination begins with the preparation: it is necessary to remove all metal objects and remove the phone.
After the patient has been placed on the table, a device that sends and receives radio waves is attached to the head. Depending on the area and whether there is contrast, MRI can take between 30-60 minutes.
The doctor takes many layers-by-layer photographs of the brain and then makes a decision.
To get more information about MRI of the brain just go to this useful net page